Sunday, April 22, 2012

Verily, verily, I say unto you...



“And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man” John 1:51


(note: the end of this post was amended due to a vision I had, shortly after the original post.) 


I find it fascinating, every time I read these two little words from Jesus, “verily, verily.” This duet appears 25 times in the New Testament and only in the book of John, and only spoken by Jesus. You lose the impact of this combination in the newer translations such as the NIV, where they use the words “very truly.” the Greek here is actually the word “amēn.” Its origin is Hebrew. It is often translated trustworthy, surely, so be it, amen, truly, and verily. According to Strong's, it has been called the best-known word in human speech. The word is directly related - in fact, almost identical - to the Hebrew word for “believe” (amam), or faithful, and it carries the notion of being “firm.” Thus, it came to mean “sure” or “truly,” an expression of absolute trust and confidence.

What strikes me is when the word is spoken twice as a lead in to a statement or proclamation. In scripture, Jesus is the only one to use that pairing. Listen to some of the statements Jesus proclaimed with this pairing:

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3

“ Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things so ever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.” John 5:19

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” John 5:24

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.” John 5:25

“ Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.” John 6:26

“Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.” John 6:53

“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.” John 13:20

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” John 14:12

“And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.” John 16:23

Each of those statements are powerful, foundational, statements of our faith. They breathe of the eternal manifest presence of Jesus and His kingdom! In ancient Hebrew, if I was going to describe to you, say, a “hole” in the road. If its size was average, I would say “hole,” however, if it was a large hole, I would say, “hole, hole”. If it was a massive crater, I would say, “hole, hole, hole.” The importance of this is the weight Jesus puts in what he is about say, “Verily, verily, I say unto you....” In other words, He is saying, “listen up, what I am about to say is extremely important and it is critical that you believe it.” This truth is magnified even more when we read in the book of Revelation the following:
“And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.” Revelation 4:8

You cannot help but notice the repetition of the word “Holy.” Here the bigness of God’s Holiness is magnified by the unending proclamation of the living creatures surrounding His throne. The very thought of that makes you want to lie prostrate and simply worship and soak in His presence.

This thought hit home with me recently when I was reflecting on all that God has been speaking to my spirit recently. There has almost been a speed and sense of urgency to what He has been saying.  Generally, God has always driven me to the same three core messages when He speaks – pointing believers to their destiny - pointing believers to Heaven and driving them into His presence – and pointing out the hour in which we live and the call to the Bride of Christ. These three themes have been a general message of my life. I think they are hard-wired into my system, who I am as a Christian and a prophet. However, in this current season there is a real sense of urgency. In my most recent words to the church, the Lord emphasized the powerful anointing that has been set aside for this generation in this place and time. He has also emphasized the place of the Bride in this hour, and the need for her to press in, and be filled with His presence. It has been a call to get equipped, if you will, for the task that is in front of her. Both messages are consistent with my life theme. What isn’t consistent is the speed and repetition that the messages are coming; I mean daily and that several times during the day.

Let me illustrate this with just a few of the words the Lord has spoken to my heart.
Last week, while driving to church I saw a vision of intense rain. The rain was so forceful it was horizontal. I was soaking wet, running into the rain. I had an incredible sense of joy as I forced myself forward into the rain. I knew in my spirit that this was the latter rain of God that he was coming like a storm upon us. I also knew that this rain was a driving rain pushing us forward into our destiny, but more so, into His presence. The words of Hosea and Joel filled my mind.
“Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.” Hosea 6:3
“Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.” Joel 2:23-25

Joel actually summed up my heartbeat. Not only was His presence coming in intensity but the outflow of that move would be a global harvest (the wheat) brought about the filling of His children (wine) and the anointing (oil) from His presence. I saw the tables turned on the enemy and a restoration of all things to King Jesus, brought about by His great and mighty army. When I was reflecting on this, I heard the Lord say, “Proclaim this to my children. Blow a trumpet in Zion, sound an alarm on My Holy Mountain. I am coming like the rain, and every eye shall see me, and the wetness of My presence shall saturate everything in My path.”

A short time later, I looked up and saw, what looked like the sky dissolving. It was like those old movie film clips, where, at the end of the movie, the heat from the projector bulb burns the filmstrip and you watch as the film dissolves in front of your eyes. I instantly understood that what I was seeing was the kingdoms of this world dissolving and making way for the Kingdom of Heaven to fill all. Then I remembered the words of Peter:
“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.” 2 Peter 3:10-14

This was a message of seriousness. A wake-up call if you will, to be mindful and diligent during the hour in which we live. It was reminiscent of the words of Isaiah and John:
“All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree.” Isaiah 34:4
“I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.” Revelation 6:12-14

Then a short time later, I saw Jesus. I could only see His feet up to His calves. He was wearing old worn-out work jeans like overalls. He had on construction-style work boots that were worn and dusty. He was walking between the rows of crops on a farm, examining the harvest. Then the words of Jesus filled my mind:
“ ... The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest....
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.” Matthew 9:37-38, 13:30

Then I heard the Lord say, “See how fat the kernels of wheat are? See, even now they are bursting at the seams. I have walked the fields of harvest. I have seen the seeds of My labor. Look, the time is ready, even at hand, for the Son of Man to reap what the wages of His sacrifice. The Harvest is ready; the kernels are ripe for the threshing floor. Come my children; let us gather together the harvest of My labor.”

Can you sense the urgency of the message? It is a call to press in and co-labor with our Lord and Savior, for the harvest is ripe and ready to reap.

Then, a short time later, I saw a revolutionary patriot digging in the dirt. I thought he was digging for water, so I asked the Lord what he was doing. He said, “He is not digging for water, he is baring treasure for a future generation. You are that generation. It is the inheritance of this generation sowed into the soil of this land. Release the treasure, that this country may seek me again, and I will pour out a blessing on them that will flood the whole earth.”  And I knew that the revival that birth the founding of this nation, would come again, like the rain, and renew the land for a great and mighty harvest.

Then, as I was reflecting on all that the Lord had spoken He showed me the following:

I saw the horizon just after dusk. On the horizon were twelve massive candles burning. I asked the Lord what they were. He said, “These are the guardians of transition. The governments of this world shall be relinquished and the Government on My Kingdom shall fill the earth even as the oceans of this world cover the surface of the deep. For the heavens shall roll up like a scroll and every mountain shall flee, and everything that exalts itself against Me shall be humbled. Nothing shall stand against the tsunami of my presence. I am coming, and My watchmen and guardians are standing by, ready, and brightly lit.”

The power of this vision was breathtaking. The bigness of the word echoed deep in my soul. I could hear the thunder of His footsteps. I could feel the atmosphere of the planet changing. I knew that we were entering into a new season, a season unlike any other. I understood that the candles was the church. I was reminded of the words of John,
“And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.” Revelation 1:12-15

But, then it hit me, yes it was the church, but in the context of this vision it was the church dressed in Bridal attire and she was fully enguage in what the Groom was about to do. Listen to the words of John in Revelation.
“And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.  And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.” Revelation 21:9-27

So the beauty of the Bride, as Heaven sees her, is breath taking, is unshakable, untouchable, full of God’s glory, covered with fine jewels, and pearls, and her gates are open to all. Angels stand guard at her gates. She is simply glorious, without spot or blemish.

So I ask you, how serious does the Lord get? I mean, seriously folks, how serious is He when He keeps saying the same thing over, and over? Do you sense that we are in new a season of transition? Do you hear the sound of Heaven calling you to a higher place? Do you feel the sound of drum beat? Do you hear footsteps of the King? I do and I want to call you to a place of listening, and pressing in to the throne room.

Sometimes, when we hear words that seem so big and so broad, we don’t really know what to do. We say to yourselves things like, “that was cool” or “awesome God,”, and we continue to go about our day. Alternatively, we find ourselves feeling inadequate, unable to respond. I have good news for you. The Lord never speaks to us about great promises, only to dangle them in front of like carrots on a stick, with not real desire to bring about what He has promised. Sure, He responds to our hunger and thirst for him, and He does call us to seek him, to knock, and to dig. He responds to our worship, yes, in a very powerfull way, but it is His joy to bring us the Kingdom. It is His joy to set our hearts ablaze. It is His heart’s desire that we would be transformed into that beautiful Bride and He longs to make that happen. However, this pursuit is not something we have to struggle with or muster up in the flesh. More than anything, He wants us to come to Him like little children, free from the fear of performance, free to leap in to Papa’s lap and enjoy His companionship.

The last vision I had this week before writing this sums up the “How” of moving into the place of intimacy. I saw Jesus sitting on the throne. He was full of joy, to the point of laughter. He was sitting like a grandpa calling his grand kids to jump into his lap. There was such eagerness in His expression. He was so proud of the growth of His kids. He was so pleased with them how they were learning and how they responded to the simple things. He just wanted to hug on them and cuddle with them. He wanted to play with them and give them all the joy that was in His heart.
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.” Luke 18:16-17

The key to moving in this next move of God will be the intimate manifestation of the Church being like Children, in their love towards Jesus, for such is the Kingdom of God!



... Ok so I had to come back and append this post. On the way to Church this morning, the Lord gave me a vision of storm clouds. I saw the sky and it was dark with a massive thick black cloud. As I was watching the cloud suddenly, from the center of the cloud, it burst open, exploding the cloud into hundreds of smaller clouds. The smaller clouds looked like men’s hands with lightning bolts in each fist.  The clouds were heading in all directions, north, south, east, and west. I knew that clouds represented the church. I understood that the rain of His presence that was about to come was going to transform us, we were going to move from rain seekers to rain delivers. We were not only going to bring the rain of His presence to the world, but like the lightning bolts, we were bringing the power of God with signs and wonders, thunder, and lightning.

A couple of hours later, I was standing in the doorway that leads outside to my porch. I was watching the rain literally hammer the backyard. The wind was blowing, leaves were flying, and at the moment, the Holy Spirit came upon me and said, “As you see in the natural, so shall you see in My Spirit. Prepare for rain.” I started to praise God, crying out, “Send your rain God, rain down on us!” Then I recalled the words of Elijah:
“And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain. So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times. And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not. And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain.” 1 Kings 18:41-45

I propose to you that Elijah was not only seeing the natural rain for Ahab, and the nation, but was seeing the rain of God in these last days, and the church transformed. Get ready church..., prepare for rain.

3 comments:

  1. "My presence shall saturate everything in My path."
    Father God, my prayer is that your children shall stay in your path and not stray from it!!!
    This girl could not ask for a more humble and fresh mentor for my walk in the Spirit. Thank you my oldest and dearest friend. Your faithfullness and obedience flows like the holy oil on Aaron's beard as it flowed onto the chosen, the select children of the living God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I had to append this post because of a vision the Lord gave me on the way to church. ...
    On the way to Church this morning, the Lord gave me a vision of storm clouds. I saw the sky and it was dark with a massive thick black cloud. As I was watching the cloud suddenly, from the center of the cloud, burst open, exploding the cloud into hundreds of smaller clouds. The smaller clouds looked like men’s hands with lightning bolts in each fist. The clouds were heading in all directions, north, south, east, and west. I knew that clouds represented the church. I understood that the rain of His presence that was about to come was going to transform us, we were going to move from rain seekers to rain delivers. We were not only going to bring the rain of His presence to the world, but like the lightning bolts, we were bringing the power of God with signs and wonders, thunder, and lightning.
    A couple of hours later, I was standing in the doorway that leads outside to my porch. I was watching the rain literally hammer the backyard. The wind was blowing, leaves were flying, and at the moment, the Holy Spirit came upon me and said, “As you see in the natural, so shall you see in My Spirit. Prepare for rain.” I started to praise God, crying out, “Send your rain God, rain down on us!” Then I recalled the words of Elijah:

    “And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain. So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times. And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not. And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain.” 1 Kings 18:41-45

    I propose to you that Elijah was not only seeing the natural rain for Ahab, and the nation, but was seeing the rain of God in these last days, and the church transformed. Get ready church..., prepare for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be Confirmed Brother! Amen and Amen to the message of the Rain/Reign of God to the Bride...when I heard it a while back I took it rejoicingly and it encouraged me to ' Stay Thirsty" for God...but like all "messages" to a child I kept being reminded...and this reminder truly emphasizes the importance and reality of His not only coming but in what we are here now to be..the manifestation of Jesus in the earth...the clouds facilitating the presence and power of God...and truly the Joy of the Lord in all this! the JOY! "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." The clouds coming from the main Cloud...Our Father...Deep calling unto deep the echoes resound into the hearts of those yoked with Christ and sharing a heart that beats for Him...Very Very cool...Rock and Roll Brother!

    ReplyDelete